Following up the high-end HTC U11, HTC decided to launch the mid-range edition of the superstar smartphone, and gave it the nomenclature – HTC U11 Life.
Features such as display size and quality, system-on-chip as well as power received a slash in this trimmed down version. Additionally, the software that made it out with this smartphone is stock Android, that is, HTC Sense UI got eliminated from the simultaneous equation.
Without further ado, let’s launch deep into this mid-range wonder from HTC.
HTC U11 LIFE KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Nano SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (front-mounted)
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo OS; Android One
- Screen: 5.2-inch Super LCD capacitive display 1080 x 1920 pixels (424 PPI)
- Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: 16 MP rear camera (f/2.0 aperture, dual tone dual-LED flash) and 16 MP (f/2.0 aperture) front camera
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 SoC (Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 Processor) with 4 GB RAM
- Battery: 2.6 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
Just like the high-end edition, this smartphone features glass at both its front and rear although a plastic body frame is in place. The glass present is the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which not only protects the smartphone but also adds pulchritude to it. A single camera finds solace at the central top region of the rear.
Dedicated keys such as the volume rocker and the power button appear on the device’s right side. Having weight of 142 g, the mobile is a very portable one. Given the IP67 certification, HTC U11 Life can stay as long as half an hour in 1 metre of water.
Mastering the display of media on this smartphone is the 5.2 inches Super LCD capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Sharpness in this section is further expressed by a quality pixel density of 424 PPI.
Performance X Software
A classic 3 GB / 4 GB RAM ensures the smooth sailing of the smartphone in areas like multitasking and running of apps. Being of the mid-range, the system-on-chip implemented on the mobile is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC. Working hand in hand with this SoC is an octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor that clocks at 2.2 GHz speed. In the graphics compartment, Qualcomm Adreno 508 GPU runs the operations on the device.
As for the storing of files and documents, an internal storage of 32 GB is available. There’s also an edition of this HTC U11 Life that supports twice as much in the internal storage section. Interesting enough, whatsoever the iteration might be, the mobile can aggrandize its storage up to 256 GB with the use of a MicroSD card. The stock Android Oreo OS serves as the sole software agent in the form of Android One.
HTC U11 Life doesn’t fail in the camera region as it optimizes a single 16 MP rear shooter for its photography action. This camera can also record videos at 2160p@30fps video resolution. Added to that, the f/2.0 aperture is present to control the amount of light exposure. That being said, a dual tone dual-LED flash serves the illumination functions when images are to be captured in low light.
Selfies on this phone are snapped with an exciting 16 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture.
HTC U11 Life makes optimal use of a non-removable Li-Ion 2.6 Ah battery as its power source. This battery gives a talk time of 17 hours on standby.
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo OS; Android One
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC (octa-core 2.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 CPU)
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 508
- Colours: Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 72.9 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 142 g
- RAM Storage: 4 GB / 6 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Single Nano SIM
- Display: Super LCD 5.2 inches display
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixel Density: 424 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 68.6%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera (primary): 16 MP, dual tone dual-LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Video Resolution: 2160p@30fps
- Front Camera (secondary): 16 MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Band 1 (2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 600 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (front-mounted)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Proof: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Battery: 2.6 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Talk time: 17 hours
HTC U11 LIFE PRICE & AVAILABILITY
HTC U11 Life sells with the cost price of NGN 146,000. Its availability is in Brilliant Black, Sapphire Blue and Ice White colors across online stores.
Buy online – Check Price