LG Electronics is very common in Nigerian households for the vast array of electronic appliances produced by the brand. Well, LG’s fame doesn’t take a halt at the electronics aspect alone, it also extends to the mobile sector. In fact, LG K4 is a showcase of LG’s mobile know-how.
The features of LG K4 are pretty modest and good to go. That said, the smartphone maker produces two versions of this device with MediaTek chipset while another variant is brandished with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC.
Interesting right? Let’s get to know more about the device as we plunge deep into the review proper.
LG K4 KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS
- Screen: 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive display 480 x 854 pixels (218 PPI)
- Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: 5 MP rear camera (f/2.8 aperture, LED flash) and 2 MP (f/2.8 aperture) front camera
- Processor: MediaTek MT6735M / Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210 SoC (Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 / Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 Processor) with 1 GB RAM
- Battery: Removable 1.94 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
What pulls the string in the design nature of this device is the device’s well patterned rear outlay. Asides that, at the top region of this arena, a single camera supported by a LED flash is stationed. Also, LG ensured their emblem got watermarked at this LG K4’s rear region and the bottom bezel zone too.
Speaking further about the front section, the top most portion of the device paves way for the earpiece grille while the camera stays at the right part of this region (the top bezel). The volume rocker gets the left position of the smartphone while the power button takes up the right side; pretty easy for the index finger.
Weighing a lowly 120 g, carrying the phone around is hassle-free. Into its 131.9 mm length, an IPS LCD screen of 4.5 inches is integrated. Even more, the resolution strength is 480 x 854 pixels.
Performance X Software
Earlier, I stated that two versions (K120E & K130E) of this LG K4 smartphone were released with MediaTek chipset; well, the edition of the chipset is the MediaTek MT6735M with Quad-core 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. The other chipset – Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210 SoC was implemented into the K121 version of this device.
As a result of the chipset variance, the GPU also differ. ARM Mali-T720 MP2 follows suit with the MediaTek supported devices while Adreno 308 teams up with the Qualcomm supported versions. 1 GB RAM handles the running of apps on the device irrespective of the version.
Android Lollipop OS upholds the software department of this device. A mediocre 8 GB ROM is the nature of the internal storage on this smartphone. However, it can be expanded to 32 GB with the assistance of a MicroSD card.
Image capturing on the device is carried out by the 5 MP shooter at the rear. Although the images aren’t top quality, features like touch focus, geo tagging and LED flash help to bolster the camera experience. For selfies, a 2 MP camera is mounted at the fore.
LG K4 is powered by a removable Li-Ion 1.94 Ah battery. On 3G network, the smartphone can only support 9 hours talk time.
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS
- Processor: MediaTek MT6735M / Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210 SoC (Quad-core 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53; Quad-core 1.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A7)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T720 MP2 / Qualcomm Adreno 304
- Colours: White, Indigo
- Dimensions: 131.9 x 66.7 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 120 g
- RAM Storage: 1 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual Micro SIM
- Display: IPS LCD 4.5 inches display
- Resolution: 480 x 854 pixels
- Pixel Density: 218 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 63.4%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Rear Camera (primary): 5 MP, LED flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Touch focus, f/2.8 aperture, Geo tagging, Face detection
- Video Resolution: 720p@30fps
- Front Camera (secondary): 2 MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/2.8 aperture
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 32 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB Port: Micro USB 2.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Battery: 1.94 Ah battery
- Type: Removable Li-Ion
- Talk time: 9 hours (3G)
LG K4 PRICE & AVAILABILITY
LG K4 sells around the price of NGN 36,000. In White and Indigo colors, the smartphone’s availability is in various offline and online retail stores.
Buy online – Check Price