When the Nokia 3310 got announced, we thought that was all Nokia had in mind for the reawakening at that time, well, there’s enough proof that the brand had more to come. The Nokia 5 which was announced alongside two other smartphones is what we have as the focal point today.
Well, one of the other two announced smartphones is the Nokia 3 which had decent specs including Nougat OS and 4G LTE network connectivity for the average smartphone user.
I’m not gainsaying when I assert that the Nokia 5 is the better breed of the two devices.
When you take a look at the …
Chuckles, that was me acting a bit coy about the device.
That aside, let’s now look closely at the core technical features of the smartphone
NOKIA 5 KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (front-mounted)
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Screen: 5.2-inch IPS Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (282 PPI)
- Storage: 16GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: 13 megapixel Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC (Octa-core Processor) with 2 GB / 3 GB RAM
- Battery: 3 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
If the beautification of smartphones is to be brought into question, there’ll definitely be a pass on this smartphone. Why? The simple reason is that this smartphone is sound on aesthetics.
Sleek and water proof, all gratitude to the IP62 certification, the smartphone just appears cool. With a designated seat at the bottom bezel, the fingerprint sensor is mounted in the form of a home button.
Also, while the Nokia logo takes the top right corner of the device’s top bezel, ambient light sensor, earpiece and the front camera also appears beside it.
Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass grants it a unique form of rugged. Even so, worries about slimness and heavy nature have been sentenced to oblivion by the 8 mm thickness and 160 g weight.
Viewing is enjoyed on the 720p resolution of its 5.2-inch IPS display. Coupled with that, the display pleasure is further intensified with the 16:9 aspect ratio.
The smartphone optimizes a 13 MP sensor to bring out the best of photography. Old Nokia users pretty well how Nokia cameras do pan out gee-whiz photography, and clearly, this one isn’t an exemption. With the presence of f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size and LED flash, we’re merely stating the obvious, and that’s production of impeccable photos and videos.
In the form of an 8 MP sensor, the front camera executes snapping of lovely selfies. Try not to ask too much, there’s no LED flash at the fore.
Performance X Software
Smooth smartphone performance is the benchmark of the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC on the device. In close workings, an Octa-core 1.4 GHz CPU handles core operations on the phone. Variance can be seen in the RAM of the device; either 2 GB or 3 GB RAM. Qualcomm Adreno 505 takes care of good gaming and graphics delivery on the device.
Sleek features like running multiple apps simultaneously on the same screen in a split-screen arrangement is what the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS (Pure Android™) presents.
Files as large as 16 GB can be stored on the device. It can even aggrandize to a 256 GB through adoption of an external memory.
The Li-Ion 3 Ah battery on Nokia 5 charges really fast due to the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
Nokia 5 Pricing & Availability
Nokia 5 is available in major offline and online retail stores nationwide. It has a price range of NGN 65,000 – 75,000.
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Octa-core ARM Cortex CPU (Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC)
- Colours: Tempered Blue, Silver, Matte Black, Copper
- RAM Storage: 2 GB / 3 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.2 inches IPS display
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel Density: 282 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 68%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Rear Camera (primary): 13 MP, LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Front Camera (secondary): 8MP Camera
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0 with OTG
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Battery: 3 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
You just got fresh intel on the Nokia 5, you can take out time to air your opinions in the comment box.