Nokia 6, close to perfection
Following up closely, it won’t take long to notice that in the Nokia 5 review, it was stated that two other smartphones were launched alongside the Nokia 5, the Nokia 3 and this Nokia 6.
What’s it about the device anyway that makes it close to perfection, you’ll inquire. Could it be the design? Could it be the totality of the device’s feature in addition to a stunning price tag?
Get to know more about this as we proceed.
NOKIA 6 KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (front-mounted)
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Screen: 5.5-inch IPS Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (403 PPI)
- Storage: 16GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: 16 megapixel Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC (Octa-core Processor) with 3 GB / 4 GB RAM
- Battery: 3 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
It’s a tad difficult to differentiate between the Nokia 5 and this smartphone if viewed from the ventral angle. The placement of fingerprint sensor, NOKIA logo, earpiece and front camera are alike although this device has a larger 5.5-inch screen.
Now, to the shell, this device is way different from the device it’s being compared to. Sharper and rounder with better metallic build, the device just ticks the ‘premium’ box.
Focusing on the screen quality, the 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution ensures users get the best viewing delectation. In close contact with the resolution, an excellent 403 PPI pixel density further intensifies the display yield.
Just like Nokia feature phones, the smartphone can drop on the floor without shattering instantly thanks to the protective Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Performance X Software
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC incorporated into the device, optimal performance can be rest assured. Encamped in the SoC, there is the 64-bit octa-core CPU that peaks 1.4 GHz.
Well, that’s not all! Performance in terms of multitasking is just on another level as the smartphone bags a 3 GB RAM. However, there’s a special Arte Black edition that comes with a 4 GB RAM variant.
The ease and texture of graphics on the phone can be attributed to the Qualcomm Adreno 505 GPU. Gamers, get ready to bash! Android Nougat OS heads the software unit of the smartphone.
As far as this smartphone is concerned, storing a large chunk of files isn’t an issue as it sports 32 GB internal memory and 64 GB on its Arte Black limited edition. Honestly speaking, the storage can enlarge to 256 GB with the adoption of a MicroSD card.
Snap-happy aficionados can get the full thrill of the 16 MP rear shooter to capture the best moments in pictures and videos. Furthermore, the f/2.0 aperture and 1.0 µm sharpens the camera’s impact. Lustrous effects are rendered by a LED flash in low light conditions.
One goodnews about the 8 MP front camera is that videos recorded in 1080p can be well replayed on the smartphone’s display (1080p resolution) without shrinking the quality.
A non-removable Li-Ion 3 Ah battery isn’t bad on the device but a better battery capacity would have made headlines. All the same, it charges with lightening speed as a result of the Qualcomm Quick Charge feature on tap.
Nokia 6 Pricing & Availability
The smartphone’s availability is in Arte Black, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver and Copper iterations across several retail platforms nationwide. It definitely won’t cost you an arm and a leg like the Apple or Samsung counterparts. You only need to part with money within the range of NGN 75,000 – 90,000.
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Octa-core ARM Cortex CPU (Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC)
- Colours: Tempered Blue, Silver, Matte Black, Copper, Arte Black
- RAM Storage: 3 GB / 4 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS display
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixel Density: 403 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 71%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Rear Camera (primary): 16 MP, LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0 µm pixel size, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Front Camera (secondary): 8MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0 with OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Battery: 3 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
Nokia 6 is truly amazing seeing the quality of specs it churns out. If you don’t mind, what’s your take on the device?