As the Mobile World Congress drew upon us, several smartphone OEMs announced new smartphones, and HMD Global wasn’t left out of the equation. One of the smartphones announced by the brand is the Nokia 7 Plus.
For the lovers of design and beauty when it comes to smartphones, this particular device isn’t going to let you down because it’s good on aesthetics.
Also, as a plus edition of last year’s released Nokia 7, you’ll instantly know it is an upgrade to the mid-range Nokia 7 smartphone although the upgrade isn’t in every unit.
Well, this device will go down in history as the first Nokia smartphone to feature the trendy 18:9 aspect ratio.
Still on the matter, let’s get in on the core specs of the smartphone
NOKIA 7 PLUS KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo OS
- Screen: 6.0-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2160 pixels (403 PPI)
- Storage: 64 GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: Dual 12 megapixel + 13 MP Rear Camera and 16 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 SoC (Octa-core Kryo Processor) with 4 GB RAM
- Battery: 3.8 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
In the build of the smartphone, attention was paid to intensifying the amount of paint that’ll accompany the aluminium alloy shell just to give the smartphone a ceramic-like texture. And as such, grasping the device is made more comfy.
Conventionally, the dedicated keys appear at the right side of the smartphone enabling easy access for users.
Around the back, the fingerprint sensor seats beneath the dual camera setup. That leaves a vast array of options in terms of security.
In the display section, HMD Global still sticks to the IPS LCD panel but this time, it bags a resolution of 1080 x 2160. This its IPS display is laid out in six inches as an extra large display area. Additionally, the display gets protected from shattering by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Performance X Software
Under the hood, Nokia 7 Plus is powered by the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC. The Octa-core Kryo CPU found integrated in the chipset clocks at 1.8 GHz but can also turbo up to 2.2 GHz.
Just for the sake of smooth running of apps and multitasking, the smartphone operates with a super 4 GB RAM. That being said, all that’s expected from the device is sleek performance without lagging.
Meanwhile, sitting in the software seat of power is the Android Oreo OS – the latest Android OS.
What stores up files on the smartphone is the 64 GB ROM that has the capacity to expand to 256 GB using a MicroSD card. But then, the SIM 2 slot gets to be sacrificed for the MicroSD card to be used.
What’s the use of a beautiful smartphone if it lacks good camera prowess? Fortunately, that’s not the case with Nokia 7 Plus as it sports dual 12 megapixel and 13 MP camera at its rear. The camera experience is beefed up by the LED flash and Carl Zeiss optics to mention a few.
At the front, selfies are generated by the excellent 16 MP camera.
Lengthy hours of standby and talk time is assured by a non-removable Li-Ion 3.8 Ah battery. In lieu of this, the battery life is even made more interesting because Quick Charge technology makes it charge fast.
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo OS
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 SoC ( Octa-core Kryo CPU; 4 x 2.2 GHz, 4 x 1.8 GHz)
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 512
- Colours: Black, White Copper
- RAM Storage: 4 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 6.0 inches IPS display
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels
- Pixel Density: 403 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 77%
- Aspect Ratio: 18:9
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera (primary): Dual 12 MP + 13 MP, dual-LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/1.75 aperture (12 MP camera), f/2.6 aperture (13 MP camera), PDAF, 1.12 µm pixel size, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Video Resolution: 2160p, 1080p
- Front Camera (secondary): 16 MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB 1.0 with OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Nokia OZO Audio: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear-mounted)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Splash Resistant: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3.8 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
- Standby time: 723 hours
- Talk time: 19 hours
NOKIA 7 PLUS’S PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Nokia 7 Plus has its availability in White and Black Copper iterations and is sold at the price tag of US $492 (NGN 177,000). As at the time of publishing, the smartphone isn’t available in the country. Not to worry though as we will dish out updates about the smartphone.