For the records, Nokia 8 can simply be described as Nokia’s first true Android flagship smartphone.
The above statement won’t be debated in any form given its flagship features as compared to the mid-range nature of other Nokia smartphones that have been released before this smartphone and even up till this moment.
That said, the remarkable phone has awesome written on it in several departments. One of such awesomeness is the stunning ‘bothies’ feature which allows you to snap images from the back and the front at the same time!
I’ll really love you to keep reading this article as I’ll spill more about this special ‘bothies’ feature and other entertaining specifications on this device.
But for now, let’s get acquainted with the key features of the smartphone
NOKIA 8 KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (front-mounted)
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS ( upgradeable to Android Oreo OS)
- Screen: 5.3-inch IPS Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (554 PPI)
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: Dual 13 megapixel Rear Camera and 13 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 SoC (Octa-core Kryo Processor) with 4 GB / 6 GB RAM
- Battery: 3.09 Ah Li-Ion battery
- Price – Check Price
Design & Display
Honestly speaking, Nokia 8’s design isn’t the killer beauty like the current Samsung and iPhone power houses but its design is one that definitely draws one’s attention.
6000 series aluminium alloy curves seamlessly around the smartphone’s body while the glass material defines the fore’s attractiveness.
Talking about the glass at the fore, the smartphone’s screen protection relies on the glass because it is the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. At the base of the glass, the fingerprint sensor functions fully for security purposes as it double tasks as the home key. Also, there’s the IP54 certification that gives the smartphone dust and splash proof resistance.
Moving on to the display, the smartphone has a convenient 5.3 inches IPS screen to itself. That’s pretty cool as it strikes a balance between users that love large screens and those that love not so large screens. Sharpness might be an understatement at this point as Nokia 8 sports a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels as well as 553 PPI.
Performance X Software
At the centre of operations, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC – the most recent version of Qualcomm system-on-chips is at work. Yes, it’s still the most recent because the Snapdragon 845 although official hasn’t been launched on any smartphone as we speak.
Within the chipset, an eight-cored Kryo CPU is in place. While four of these cores clock 2.5 GHz, the other four cores hit a speed of 1.8 GHz.
Performance wise, the device leaves no room for slack with its 4 GB RAM, there’s also the 6 GB RAM variant for even better actions.
Next up is the Qualcomm Adreno 540 GPU, the graphics handler on the smartphone which sure as heaven generates crisp graphics.
With the 64 GB or 128 GB internal storage iteration, more than enough room is available for storing files. Additionally, it can be expanded to 256 GB with the adoption of an external memory.
Closing this chapter, the device makes it out with the stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS.
There’s no way Nokia 8 gets mentioned and the term ‘bothies’ won’t be uttered. Not uttering the feature feels like taking the icing off the cake. As I said earlier, bothies is the image taken at the back and the front at the same time. Here’s more flesh, it is taken in a split-screen 50-50 format.
Around the back, dual cameras of 13 MP quality each are responsible for professional photography. In line with the photography, a dual tone dual-LED flash illuminates images taken in poor light conditions.
On the other hand, selfies are captured by the solitary 13 MP shooter which uses the screen’s brightness as its illuminating factor.
The smartphone is powered by a non-removable Li-Ion 3.09 Ah battery. With the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology on board, the device charges from 0% to 48% in just 30 minutes.
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 SoC ( Octa-core Kryo CPU; 4 x 2.5 GHz, 4 x 1.8 GHz)
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 540
- Colours: Tempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
- RAM Storage: 4 GB / 6 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.3 inches IPS display
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Pixel Density: 553 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 69%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Rear Camera (primary): Dual 13 MP, dual-LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1.12 µm pixel size, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Video Resolution: 2160p, 1080p
- Front Camera (secondary): 13 MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB 1.0 with OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Nokia OZO Audio: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (front-mounted)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Splash Resistant: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3.09 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
Nokia 8’s Pricing & Availability
Nokia 8 is available in Tempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel and Polished Copper colors in several offline and online e-commerce stores across the nation. The device costs within the price bracket of NGN 160,000 – 190,000.