Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is one of the renowned mid-range smartphones to drop off Korean smartphone giant’s – Samsung platform.
Once the flagship Galaxy S series smartphones are placed in the market, it seems like every other mid-range smartphone series from Samsung are chasing the shadows. However, the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is one unique device that brings something different to the table. With beauty and brains (referring to the processor in this context) teaming up in this device, all that’s dispensed is a hit!
In light of that, let’s check out the core specs of the smartphone
SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 (2017) KEY SPECS
- 4G LTE: Yes
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (front-mounted)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Screen: 5.2-inch Super AMOLED capacitive display 1080 x 1920 pixels (424 PPI)
- Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB Storage, up to 256 GB memory card support
- Camera: 16 MP rear camera (f/1.9 aperture, dual tone dual-LED flash) and 16 MP front camera (f/1.9 aperture)
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7880 (Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 Processor) with 3 GB RAM
- Battery: 3 Ah Li-Poly battery
- Price – Check Price
Design X Display
This smartphone is a perfect example of a book that shouldn’t be judged by its cover. The smoothness of its behind, the sleek edges and the frontal finesse making up the beauty of the smartphone could negate any idea of it being rugged. This its ruggedness is defined by its dust proof nature and its ability to survive in water up to 1.5 metres for 30 minutes. With regards to its water and dust resistance, the device dons the IP68 certification.
Following up on its winsomeness, the device relays its fingerprint sensor at the bottom bezel which functions interchangeably as the home button.
Around the back, the single camera sits in the central part of the top quadrant where it is supported by a LED flash. USB Type-C port and 3.5 mm audio jack sit at the base of the smartphone. Well, the USB port is very much cool at that location as it makes it easy to charge the smartphone, however, connecting a earphone to the 3.5 mm audio jack might be somewhat strenuous.
With its 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution and 424 PPI pixel density, images appear lit and adorable. To add to that, a special form of contrast is served by the Super AMOLED display that’s sized 5.2 inches. Defensive duties of the display got trusted in the hands of the Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
Performance X Software
At the centre of the park is the Samsung Exynos 7880 SoC. Working side by side with it is an Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor that peaks 1.9 GHz speed.
Performance wise, the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) doesn’t slack off as it receives its firepower from a 3 GB RAM. Graphics production when it comes to gaming is overseen by Mali-T830 MP3 GPU. Oddly enough, Android Marshmallow OS is the software functional on the smartphone. Nevertheless, it can be upgraded to the Android Nougat OS.
Rounding off this segment, the internal storage of the smartphone is in variants of 32 GB and 64 GB that can aggrandize to a whooping 256 GB with the employment of a MicroSD card.
Once camera on the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is mentioned, the next thing you’ll hear is 16 megapixel sensor. And this is the case in both the front and the back camera departments. Another similarity between the two cameras is the f/1.9 aperture. However, what contrasts the smartphone’s cameras is the presence of a LED flash at the rear region while the front camera lacks a LED flash support.
Samsung doesn’t pack too much in its battery compartment, and this smartphone’s battery doesn’t defy the odds. It makes use of a Li-Poly 3 Ah battery as its source of power.
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS (upgradeable to Android Nougat OS)
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7880 SoC ( Octa-core 1.9 GHz ARM Cortex-A53)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP3
- Colours: Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist, Peach Cloud
- RAM Storage: 3 GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: Super AMOLED 5.2 inches display
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixel Density: 424 PPI
- Screen-to-body Ratio: 72%
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera (primary): Dual 16 MP, LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, HDR, Panorama, Face detection
- Video Resolution: 1080p
- Front Camera (secondary): 16 MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: f/1.9 aperture
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 300 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (front-mounted)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Proof: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3 Ah battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Poly
- Talk time: 16 hours
- Quick Charging: Yes
SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 (2017) PRICE & AVAILABILITY
In colors Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist and Peach Cloud, Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is available across major offline and online retail stores in Nigeria. It sells at the price NGN 104,000.
Buy online – Check Price