Read all you need to know about the Tecno Pop 1…
In continuation of the Tecno F series, Tecno launched the Tecno F3 smartphone also known as the Tecno Pop 1. So, the phone kept the F legacy on, and also kick-started the Pop series.
Let’s take a perusal of the smartphone now, shall we?
TECNO POP 1 (TECNO F3) KEY SPECS
- SIM: Yes, Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Screen: 5.45-inch IPS Display, 854 x 480 pixels (169 PPI)
- Storage: 8GB Storage, up to 32GB memory card support
- Camera: 5 Megapixel Rear Camera and 5 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Quad-core 1.3GHz Processor with 1 GB RAM
- Battery: 2,400mAh Li-Ion battery
- Price –
Design X Display
Tecno Pop 1 gives a comfortable feel when held due to the seamless construction of its plastic embodiment. Although it isn’t premium, it’s very much okay for its entry-level status.
Still, on its rear, the camera is placed side by side with a dual-LED flash in a tray-looking compartment. Also, it’s here the phone model appears. The physical buttons on the smartphone are the volume and power buttons – found on the right side.
Most of its visual estate results from the 18:9 aspect ratio (Full View Display). The Full View Display limits the size of the phone’s bezels. Its minimal top bezel houses major components such as LED flash, selfie camera and earpiece.
Of the F series, Tecno Pop 1 possesses the largest screen size, and it’s evident through the 5.45 inches screen. That’s 0.45 inches bigger than the others in the lineup. What complements the device’s 5.45-inch TFT screen are: a resolution of 480 x 960 pixels and pixel density of 197PPI pixel density.
Expecting excellent shots from this phone will mean you’re asking for too much. However, as a basic smartphone, its 5MP rear shooter is primed to capture average images. With help from the f/2.8 aperture and dual-LED flash, the camera can take better photographs in low light conditions. For the selfies, there’s a 5MP camera that’s equipped with a LED flash.
Hardware and Software
Its primary performance coordinator is none other than the MediaTek MT6580W chipset. The chipset, of 32-bit architecture, carries out its roles with the Quad-core CPU and Mali-400 GPU. During the processor’s operations, it tends to clock 1.3GHz. On the other hand, the GPU runs the graphics show.
The 1GB RAM handles simultaneous running of apps. The other memory spec on this device is the 8GB ROM. Of course, the 8GB storage isn’t enough to save files from far and wide. Owing to this, Tecno created a dedicated memory card slot that can extend the phone’s storage to 32GB.
Unfortunately, the phone lacks 4G network, but it supports 2G GSM and 3G HSPA. Android 7.0 Nougat OS with Tecno’s HiOS skin is in charge of software functions here.
A non-removable 2,400mAh cell powers Tecno Pop 1. No fast charge technology is present on the smartphone. Given the average level of the battery, its charging time is normal.
Tecno Pop 1 (Tecno F3) Pricing and Availability
You can buy the smartphone at the price of ₦24,000 across offline and online stores in Nigeria.
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex CPU (MediaTek MT6580W Chipset)
- Colours: Champagne Gold, Midnight Black, Bordeaux Red, Jewel Blue
- RAM Storage: 1GB RAM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.45 inches TFT display
- Resolution: 480 x 960 pixels
- Pixel Density: 197 PPI
- Rear Camera (primary): 5 MP, dual LED Flash
- Front Camera (secondary): 5 MP Camera, LED flash
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 32 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Battery: 2,400mAh battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion