Who doesn’t like awoof?
No, tell me the truth, if I’m to send you free 1k credit right now will you reject it?
Today, I’m going to show you how to transfer airtime on mtn.
I know how annoying it looks when someone promises to share airtime with you but the problem remains “I don’t know how to share credit with another mtn user”.
Follow the steps in this article correctly and start transferring airtime like a pro.
How To Transfer Airtime On MTN
Just as there are two ways to reset your PIN, the same thing applies to transfer airtime.
Share Credit Via SMS
- Open Messaging App.
- Type in Transfer+Recipients Number+Amount+PIN and send it to 777. For example, sms ” Transfer 07012345678 1000 1953 to 777.
Immediately after sending the sms, mtn recommends that you confirm the airtime transfer by replying YES to 777.
Yes, and after that, you will get a message from mtn containing the amount you transferred, the number transferred the airtime to and your new account balance.
MTN Transfer USSD Code
You can also share credit with others via the ussd code. Of course, you know that this method is fast and easy, all you have to do is dial the shortcode and you are good.
- Simply dial *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# to share airtime. For example, dial *600*07012345678*1000*9153#
You should receive a confirmation message that the operation was successful.
Other important Information About MTN Share ‘n’ Sell Service
- All you need is a pin and the recipient’s phone number (Recipient is the receiver).
- Using this service cost no money, every transfer is free. (No extra charges attached).
- With the MTN Share ‘n’ Sell you can transfer a minimum of N50.00 to N5,000.00 at once.
- There is no limit to transfer airtime with this service per day.
- All prepaid and postpaid customers are allowed to make use of the service.
- With this mtn transfer service, you can transfer airtime with multiple mtn subscribers with ease.
- The service is fast and reliable.
- You are required to reset your transfer PIN to make every transaction safe and secure.
- You must reply YES to 777 to proceed with the credit transfer.
How To Change Your MTN Transfer PIN
There are two methods to generate the mtn transfer code:
- To change your pin, kindly send Default PIN+New PIN+New PIN to 777. For example, send 0000 9153 9153 to 777.
You should receive a confirmation message from mtn that your PIN reset was successful.
While the above method works 100%, you may consider changing your mtn transfer PIN using USSD code.
Via USSD Code
- Simply dial *601*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN# on your dialer app. For example, dial *601*0000*9153*9153# and send.
MTN will inform you that the change of pin was successful after processing.
Important Note: Make sure that your PIN is memorable so that you don’t forget it easily.
Now that you’ve gotten a transfer PIN, you are now set to share airtime to another MTN user.
Have you seen The Best MTN Tariff Plans In Nigeria? Check it out.
About MTN Transfer Service
It is known as the MTN Share ‘n’ Sell service that enables MTN Subscribers to share airtime from one user to another mtn user (usually family, friends and loved ones).
The sweet thing about this service is that you transfer airtime to any mtn user at no cost (that is, you are charged 0.00kb for this transaction).
To proceed with the airtime transfer, you will need to reset your transfer code.
MTN default transfer pin 0000, so you’ll have to change it to a more complicated (but memorable) PIN to make it secure and avoid anyone else from stealing your airtime.
(The PIN must be 4 digits)
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, I will answer all your most asked questions on the mtn Share ‘n’ Sell service.
Can I Get A New PIN Without The Old One?
If you are asking how to change a forgotten mtn transfer PIN, you are advised to call MTN Customer Care to assist you.
The available way to reset a new pin is to first input the previous one.
Can I Transfer Airtime On MTN BetaTalk?
As long as you are an mtn user, you are allowed to make use of the mtn transfer service.
Share ‘n’ Sell is not a tariff plan, it is a general service for all mtn subscribers.
Is It Possible To Transfer Airtime On MTN To Airtel?
This article shows you how to transfer airtime from mtn to mtn line but you can give that a try and tell me your result in the comment section.
Is It Possible To Retrieve MTN Transfer PIN?
At the moment, you can easily change the default pin to your desired pin.
But if you forgot Your transfer PIN, kindly call mtn customer care, follow the instructions given by the representative to generate a new transfer code.
It is very easy to share credit on mtn.
All you need is a pin, the receiver’s number, and the working transfer code.
So if you are among those looking for how to transfer airtime on MTN, this article is for you. I’ve given two methods to do this: via USSD and SMS.
Hope it helps you.