Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus – More Guts, More Glory
I want you to digest the following statement properly: Samsung Galaxy S10 is incredible, but Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is more impressive. Going by its appellation, that doesn’t seem hard to comprehend. Anyway, it’s Samsung tradition to release a Plus edition to its Galaxy S lineup starting from the Galaxy S8.
As the king of the pack, the smartphone features a more substantial memory, longer battery life, high screen estate, and wait for it… Five superb cameras. There’s more to the smartphone than being a flagship; it’s just exceptional.
Here’s a wow fact: You can have as much as 1.5TB storage on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
Now folks, let’s dissect the smartphone to see its beautiful nature.
- 1 SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 PLUS KEY SPECS
- 2 GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 3 WRAP UP
SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 PLUS KEY SPECS
- 4G: Yes
- AI: Yes, Bixby
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (under display)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie OS (Samsung One UI)
- Screen: 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio, 1440 x 3040 pixels ( 522PPI)
- Storage: 128GB / 512GB / 1TB Storage, up to 512GB memory card support (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Camera: 12MP + 12MP + 16MP Triple Rear Camera and Dual 10MP + 8MP Front Camera
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9820 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core Processor with 8GB/12GB RAM
- Battery: 4,100mAh Li-Ion battery
- Price –
There’s no slacking off from Samsung when it comes to design. The smartphone crowns its minimalistic bezel looks with a conspicuous punch-hole dual selfie camera at the top right corner. That’s so unlike the S10 that had only one punchy selfie camera.
For its sleekness and style, Samsung infused a thin aluminium frame that’s covered by Gorilla Glass at both sides. More so, a premiere model’s available with ceramic beautification. But the non-ceramic variant (glass) sports the scratch resistance evident in the ceramic coating. Still, on protection, IP68 standard came to the party, and it brought along dust resistance and waterproof.
The components at the base of the smartphone are arranged in this order: 3.5mm headphone jack – USB-C port – mouthpiece – speaker grille. Given the fact that Samsung launched the wireless Galaxy earbuds, one would have expected the traditional jack to get ousted, but the reverse is the case; Samsung stuck with it.
A famous adage says, ‘Two heads are better than one’. Going beyond the norm, Samsung implemented three cameras at the rear of Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Beside the cameras, there are the heart rate and oxygen sensors as well as the LED flash.
Like its brother, an in-display ultrasonic fingerprint reader is the chief biometric security on the device. Iris scanner is absent but not facial recognition. The selfie cameras now actualise facial recognition The Bixby button is also present on the phone’s left side. You can prompt Bixby to wake through the hardware or using voice.
For a phone with a display that’s touted as “best seen in Galaxy phones”, you’ll expect sparks to fly. Don’t lessen those expectations because Samsung put together a 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED screen, HDR10+ standard, 1440 x 3040 pixels resolution and 522PPI pixel density, and integrated it into this device.
Its large size stands it out from the S10, so does its 93.1% screen-to-body ratio. That’s the same rate with its sibling has 6.1 inches screen size. Obviously, that’s more screen to play around with. So, bring on the movies and games, the phone’s good to go.
Screen protection is ordered by the Corning Gorilla Glass 6. This on its own is enough to keep the screen functioning whenever the phone falls. Good news is, you don’t need to purchase the tempered glass protector (or protective film as Samsung calls it) separately as it’s part of the smartphone’s package.
So that you know, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is the first Samsung flagship with dual selfie cameras. There are also three cool shooters at the rear which brings us to a total of five! Impeccably, the cameras are top players.
As for the selfie majors, they are made up of 10MP primary and 8MP RGB depth sensors. The 8MP camera adds more depth data to images taken in portrait mode. In that light, bokeh images are outstanding.
Heading backwards, the triple-lens setup has the exact quality as Galaxy S10 – 12MP main + 12MP telephoto + 16MP ultra-wide. When capturing videos in motion with the 12MP normal lens, the image stabilisation (OIS) ensures the video appears like they were taken with steady hands.
A Shot with the camera:
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus relies heavily on either of the top-of-the-line chipsets manufactured by Samsung or Qualcomm. By that, we mean Exynos 9820 SoC or Snapdragon 855 SoC. Importantly, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus chipset’s version availability is market dependent.
Come what may, the chip is either paired with 8GB RAM or 12GB RAM. The 8GB RAM also comes with variations of 128GB and 512GB expandable storage. This 8GB RAM is the standard edition of the smartphone.
On the other hand, the 12GB RAM version offers a more premium feel, and it is equipped with 1TB. Expanding the storage with a memory card of 512GB brings about 1.5TB storage. That’s way beyond the storage of most laptops. Meanwhile, the entire software actions are co-handled by Android 9.0 Pie OS and Samsung’s One UI.
On hardcore usage, the phone is slated to give more than 24hours duration due to the 4,100mAh battery. As Fast Charging technology 15W is in place, the phone races up to 100% from 0% speedily. Qi Wireless Charging also gives the phone the capacity to charge up to 15W without USB cables.
As a plus, you can reverse charge your friend’s phone with the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus using Wireless Powershare. Provided the power-hungry smartphone possesses Wireless Charging, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus can charge the device wirelessly.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Pricing & Availability
The phone’s colour iterations are Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White. The price of the smartphone falls within the range of NGN 380,000 – NGN 600,000.
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie OS (One UI)
- Processor: Exynos 9820 Octa-core 2.7 GHz processor / Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo processor
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- RAM Storage: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- SIM Count: Single SIM / Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio
- The Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1440 x 3040 pixels
- Pixel Density: 522PPI
- Others: HDR10+, 7% Blue-light emission, Always-on Display
- Rear Camera (primary): 12MP (main) + 12MP (telephoto) + 16MP (ultra-wide) LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera (secondary): Dual 10MP + 8MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Internal Storage: 128GB / 512 GB / 1TB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 512 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 1024 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes, with Wi-Fi 6
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C 1.0 Reversible connector
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: Yes, up to 1.5m for 30 minutes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Battery: 4,100mAh battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Wireless Powershare: Yes
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus brings more class and awesomeness to the table. Considering it belongs to the next generation of smartphones, you can’t go wrong with it. For real, it’s a notch higher than the rest.