Samsung Galaxy S10e Specs, Price and Review 2019 Nigeria
If you’re a keen follower of the Samsung Galaxy S series, you’ll concur with the fact that Samsung launches only two models every year. A standard version and a Plus version (formerly called Edge). The South Korean manufacturer has taken a new approach to the lineup this year by releasing a cheaper option – Samsung Galaxy S10e.
It’s unsurprising to see Samsung diversify the flagship lineup in manner. Why’s that? Their closest competitor, Apple, released a low-cost model called the iPhone XR. Hence, the birth of the lower-cost Galaxy S smartphone.
Mind you, the phone’s with a lower price tag, but it isn’t inexpensive. Simply put, it is cheap for a Samsung flagship but it isn’t regarding the amount. That’s because the phone portrays hallmark features of the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus but with a few cutbacks. It’s important to know that the ‘e’ represents essential, and the preceding statement has shed light on how the name came to being.
Before we proceed, let’s check out the core specs of the smartphone in the header below.
- 1 SAMSUNG GALAXY S10e KEY SPECS
- 2 GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 3 WRAP UP
SAMSUNG GALAXY S10e KEY SPECS
- 4G: Yes
- AI: Yes, Bixby
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (side-mounted)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie OS (Samsung One UI)
- Screen: 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio, 1440 x 3040 pixels ( 438PPI)
- Storage: 128 / 256GB Storage, up to 512GB memory card support (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Camera: 12MP + 16MP Dual Rear Camera and a 10 MP Front Camera
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9820 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core Processor with 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Battery: 3,100mAh Li-Ion battery
- Price –
Call it teardrop notch or punch-hole style or Infinity-O as like Samsung officially calls it, you’re still referring to the design of the Samsung Galaxy S10e. Sitting conveniently at the top right corner of the phone’s display is the selfie camera that brings about the Infinity-O concept.
Flattened at its edges, the phone loses that last cool that its fancier siblings bring to the table. But its presentation of slim bezels and over 88% screen-to-body ratio balances up the deficit.
You won’t find the fingerprint reader either at the back or at the front. Instead, it is located on the power button at the phone’s right side. The side-mounted capacitive sensor replaced the ultrasonic fingerprint reader found in its brothers.
Focusing on the rear, a dual-lens setup and LED flash are the first highlights. No heart nor oxygen sensor gets into the mix. However, you can bask in the luxury of water and dust resistance.
Samsung Galaxy S10e relies on a 5.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED screen to actualise its display fineness. The screen enjoys the quality of 1080 x 2280 pixels resolution as well as 438PPI pixel density.
In similitude to the others, the phone comes with the HRD10+ standard. So, it joins the crusaders of Samsung’s next-generation display.
Samsung has been in a long term partnership with Corning because of their impervious Gorilla Glass. For this smartphone, Samsung uses Gorilla Glass 5 to protect its display technology.
Optics-wise, Samsung Galaxy S10e bags three cameras in total; two for rear photography and one for you know what. Unlike its more expensive folks, the phone’s rear lacks a telephoto zoom, thus, leaving it with the 12MP primary camera and 16MP ultra-wide lens with digital zoom.
The 12MP camera can alternate between f/1.5 and f/2.4 apertures for low light pictures and brighter shots respectively. On the other hand, the 16MP shooter does its job of capturing ultra-wide images.
Cute selfies are taken with the 10MP sensor. Interestingly, the phone’s supported with Shot Suggestions that helps to suggest scenes and categories for quality shots.
Hardware X Software
Depending on location, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9820 SoC coordinates the phone’s activities. The Snapdragon SoC packs octa-core 2.8GHz CPU while the Exynos SoC works with 2.7GHz CPU.
For graphics workings, Adreno 640 GPU is equipped with the Snapdragon chip while Exynos uses Mali-G76 MP12 GPU. Multitasking actions are carried out by either 6GB or 8GB RAM.
Storage auctions are maximised with 128GB ROM that’s expandable with the implementation of a MicroSD card. There’s also an improved 256GB ROM variation. Android 9.0 Pie OS glazed with One UI controls the software functions on the device.
One of the trending features of the Galaxy S10 family is the Wireless Powershare. Fortunately, Samsung Galaxy S10e is loaded with the function; hence, you can use it to charge other devices, be it smartwatches, Galaxy buds or smartphones with Qi Wireless support.
The power is shared from a 3,100mAh battery. Although the capacity isn’t large, the phone can rely on the Adaptive battery feature to go a long way.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Pricing & Availability
Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink are the colour variations of the smartphone. You can cop the smartphone at a price range of ₦200,000 – ₦300,000.
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie OS (One UI)
- Processor: Exynos 9820 Octa-core 2.7 GHz processor / Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo processor
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink
- RAM Storage: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- SIM Count: Single SIM / Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 5.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels
- Pixel Density: 438PPI
- Others: HDR10+, 7% Blue-light emission, Always-on Display
- Rear Camera (primary): 12MP (main) + 16MP (ultra-wide) LED Flash
- Rear Camera Top Features: Autofocus, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera (secondary): 10MP Camera
- Front Camera Top Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Internal Storage: 128 / 256 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 512 GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes, up to 1024 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi and Hotspot: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C 1.0 Reversible connector
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- FM Radio: Yes
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Google Maps
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Voice Control: Yes, Google Voice Control
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Water Resistant: Yes, up to 1.5 for 30 minutes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Battery: 3,100mAh battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Quick Charging: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Wireless Powershare: Yes
Samsung Galaxy S10e presents most of the eye-catching features of the Galaxy S10 but with a cheaper price tag. It’s a viable option for those who want premium but don’t want to overspend.